About us

Café & Observation tower
in historical building

With the current name Naisvuoren Kahvila & Näkötorni got its shape already in 1911, 
when a water tower was built on the site of a pavilion building
that was previously located on the same spot. 
A kitchen was placed on the ground floor of the observation tower

and a pavilion room was located on the edge of it.  
The opening ceremony of this first steel reinforced concrete building in Finland
was celebrated in 1912 "Vappuna", April 30th.

It is also the starting point of the spring opening ceremony for the Naisvuori Café:
the summer season begins April 30th and lasts until the end of August.

Water tower was opened to the public in 1912 visitors were allowed to climb
into 27 meter high tower to admire views by paying the entrance fee.
The restaurant at the base of the tower was also popular among tourists
and the number of visitors increased especially between the World Wars.
Naisvuori were soon known as famous tourist destination and attraction.

Since 1953, the tower has been operating only as an observation tower.

Still nowadays Naisvuoren Café & Observation tower is popular
both among the tourists and locals.
What's better than enjoying both the scenery and the delicious waffle
with organic coffee or tea at the best spot in Mikkeli!


Yrittäjä-omistaja Jaana Orava & Ripesti Oy


Ripesti Oy:n Jaana Orava on yrittäjänä ja vuokralaisena Mikkelin kaupungin omistamassa Naisvuoren Näkötornissa sekä PAUn omistamassa Hotelli Heimarissa Ristiinassa. Toiminta alkoi molemmissa keväällä 2017.
Ripesti Oy rekisteröitiin 1996 perheyritykseksi.
Kaikki alkoi PESTI-palvelusta - siitä myös nimen lyhenne (Ristiinan Pesti) - joka toi alunperin maaseudun ihmisille lisätöitä. Jaana oli pestiemäntänä ja siitä syntyi ajatus omasta yrityksestä monialaisen palvelun saralla.

Lokakuussa 2015 tehdyn Yrityskaupan myötä Ripestin omistus siirtyi 100% Jaanalle, joka jatkaa nyt yksinyrittäjänä Ripestissä.



Ripesti Oy palvelee kahdessa upeassa, luonnonläheisessä kohteessa: